Ubuntu 18.10 is the latest version of the popular Ubuntu Linux operating system. It was released on 18 October as a free download, available for anyone to try, install and use.
It has the unenviable task of following April’s warmly-received Ubuntu 18.04 (Long Term Support) release, something that was never going to be easy.
Six months on, with Ubuntu 18.10 released and available to download, it’s time to find out whether the release, codenamed “Cosmic Cuttlefish” soars to new heights, or sinks under the weight of expectations.
Some of the new features in Ubuntu 18.10 include:
- GNOME v3.30 with a new default theme, Yaru
- Android integration with GSConnect
- Improved boot time and performance
- Linux kernel v5.0
- Fingerprint scanner support
- DLNA for Smart TV Support
Alternatively, you can download Ubuntu 18.10 from Canonical here.